Since we are living close together and are sharing Argayall with our paying guests, living and working in our community requires: an openness towards people, some flexibility, self-responsibility and a good portion of humor. As our needs change, sometimes we are looking for people with special skills in certain areas (i.e. construction, technical, cooking and gardening).
Crew members work 33 hrs/week in one of our main departments and participate in department and community meetings.
Experience in meditation is welcome to support us in leading our weekly meditations.
Crew members receive room and board and pocket money after one month, and the opportunity to experience community life at Finca Argayall, which includes meditations, celebrations and personal growth.
Right now we are looking for:
1. A Handy Man or Woman with all around skills in electricity, mechanics, networks, wood work, plumbing etc… to come and work with us in our technical department. We would like to invite a person with a long-term perspective, interested in community life, sustainable living, meditation and personal growth. Your willingness to learn and your ability to work in a team are essential.
2. A trained gardener with experience in permaculture (maybe even in the Canary island climate). Our garden department works a veggie garden, a fruit plantatation and the landscape garden of our living space. You should bring a long term-perspective and be willing to take over the leading of the team in time. A vital interest in community life, sustainable living, meditation and personal growth is also required.
3. A person for our housekeeping and laundry team. You will be supporting and supervising the laundry team, washing, drying, and folding laundry, cleaning rooms and taking care of the general cleanliness of all finca areas according to standards. We would like to invite a person with a long term perspective.
Interest in sustainable living, community culture and personal growth are key.
4. We are looking for a committed, mature Cook with professional experience in vegetarian cooking for around 50-60 people.You will be supporting our kitchen team with running our plant-based kitchen,preparing and presenting food that will please diners and also helping maintain the kitchen’s cleanliness. Someone who enjoys kitchen work in a team with long term perspective for community life and interest in meditation and personal growth is invited.
5. We are looking for a receptionist to work in our guest department. You bring experience in tourism, good communication skills and computer knowledge and speak German, English and preferably also Spanish. We would like to invite someone with long term perspective for community life and interest in meditation and personal growth.
Regularly we invite now helpers in our new volunteer program for a limited period of time (at least three months) to support in the different departments :
- Kitchen helpers
- Laundry and room cleaning helpers
- Helpers for the permaculture garden
English speaking is required for all positions.
**= NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT!
If you are interested in joining our community, please send an application (in English with picture) to our crew manager Tameer: firstname.lastname@example.org